Have A Question Or Comment.....

Send me a message at lowcosthighstyle@hotmail.com







Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Creating organization from chaos

Ok, so our routine around here is far from chaos, but hey-everyone has room for improvement when it comes to keeping your family organized whether it's a little family of 2 like ours or a larger family of 5 or so. I decided to start working on a family organization station, which I plan to put in our laundry/mud room.  I wanted it to be easily accessible, useful and still pretty. Here's what I've got going so far...
.
.
From left to right: DIY Mail organizer, word art, chalkboard buckets, a cork board, a menu planner and monthly calendar.
.
I so wish I had a picture of the mail organizer before. I got it at the thrift store for about $3. It was an outdated dark wood finished.  I simply painted it white and added chalkboard painted rectangles on the front of each section for even better organization. 
.
The art was on the entry table at our wedding ceremony and I just love it.  I got it at Marshalls during our engagement.
.
Next, I found these great chalkboard buckets in the $1 section at Target....score!! Got the cork board with a wedding gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Then I just printed the menu planner and calendar.  Did you know you can use dry erase markers on the glass in picture frames....works perfectly!!
.
Do you have a family organization station? If so, does it really help? Any tips?
~Kendra~

No comments: